Call for papers proposta nell’ambito del progetto „Mediazione per l’accoglienza“ Consorzio Erasmus Plus 2021-1-IT02-KA121-SCH-000012059: Obiettivi: tutti, da 1 a 10.
European School Education Platform is a new European Commission platform to be launched in 2022. The platform will offer a new home for the School Education Gateway users and the eTwinning community.
The platform will have a dedicated section encouraging and showcasing particularly research carried out by teacher researchers, early-career researchers, and student teachers.
The selected, peer- reviewed articles from this call will be published in this section.
eTwinning is the community for schools in Europe that has been engaging educators across the continent for over 15 years in collaborative cross-border classroom projects in 44 countries and professional development. Currently it counts over 1 million registered users, over 225.000 schools and over 130.000 projects.
Action research invites teachers to learn more about their classroom practice and enrich their pedagogical competence by reflecting on their work, solving problems and making evidence-based improvements for their own practices and contexts.
Scope of the call for papers: We publish high-quality articles that report empirical findings based on action research methodology from any school- or classroom-based activities, including as part of projects at national or European level (e.g., eTwinning projects).
Topics: All topics within school education are to the call, as long as action research methodology has been applied in your work. However, you need to explain the chosen topic and justify it within the context of the work. If you are in look for inspiration, see the following topics as example:
• Innovative learning space design
• Inclusive education
• Environmental education / learning environments
• Wellbeing at school
• Blended learning (especially in the context of the (post-)pandemic)1
• ICT in education
• Schools in rural areas
• Key competences for lifelong learning.
Levels of education: Research works that cover levels from Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) to primary school and lower/upper secondary school, as well as Initial Vocational Education and Training (IVET).
Who can submit? With this call we would like to encourage teachers and student teachers by offering them an opportunity to have their works academically peer-reviewed and published. The call is relevant for all those who have carried or are carrying out action research as part of their teaching or studies and would like to share the results of their research.
The works can be co-authored (i.e., that
a paper has more than one author). The authors should be based in one of the eTwinning participating countries.
Submission and selection process
• Submission: The call for abstracts is open until 31 May 2022 (23:59 CEST). The submission is done through this online form.
All papers need to be submitted in English.
• The submitted abstracts will first be screened
by an internal editorial board.
• The authors of abstracts that comply with the requirements indicated in the submission guidelines will be asked to submit the full paper.
• The full paper will be subject to anonymous double-blind peer-review by two external experts.
Selection: Notification of paper acceptance will be communicated latest by 30 September 2022. The authors of the selected papers will be requested to re-submit a revised version (if needed; taking into account reviewers’ comments) by 30 October.
• Publication: The final selection of articles will be published online at the upcoming European Commission’s “European School Education Platform” (open access): the article summary will be published in 29 languages and the full paper in English. The authors will be asked to sign an IPR waiver.
Please see the submission guidelines (for abstracts and full papers) and the general information and conditions further down in this document.
Further information and disclaimer
The editorial team will keep you informed as to your article’s progress throughout the production processes. In case you have questions about the call, you are welcome to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The call is organised by EUN Partnership (known as European Schoolnet) on behalf of the European Commission’s DG Education and Culture, under a contract with the European Education and Culture Executive Agency.
eTwinning and the School Education Gateway platform (and the future European School Education Platform) are initiatives of the European Union and funded by Erasmus+, the European programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport.
This activity has been prepared for the European Commission; however it reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Abstract submission guidelines
Format of the extended abstract
• Language policy: Abstracts will be accepted in English only.
• Word processing formats: the submissions must be prepared in MS Word or OpenOffice.
• File extensions: .docx or .odt are accepted (.pdf is not accepted).
• Length: max. 1000 words excluding references, tables, charts, and figures.
The abstracts must be structured with the following headings:
• Font size and type: standard fonts (e.g., Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri), font size 11, with 1.5 line spacing.
• File size: max. 1 Mb
• Exclusions: do not include any author data in the abstract document.
Introduction: Approx. 200 words
Literature review: Approx. 300 words
Methodology: Approx. 300 words
Results and discussion: Approx. 200 words
The deadline for submissions is 31 May 2022 (23:59 CEST). The submission of abstracts must be done through this online form: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/ESEP-AR-call-2022
In case you have questions about the call, you are welcome to contact us at: